This is a project I worked on in January 2017. I wanted to be able to do a better job of recognizing chords, particularly on the guitar. Here is a link to the jar.
There are lots of options in the program:
- Pick from over 100 instruments
- Set the volume
- Decide whether you want a constant root note
- Decide whether you want a drone note
- Decide whether you want your chords arpeggiated
- Decide whether you want guitar or piano style chords
- Pick the guitar strum speed
- Pick the delay between two notes in an interval
Chord Type Quiz
Key Chord Quiz
Programming Concepts Used
- I used Java's Swing package and all its goodies to make the GUI.
- I used threads have the notes turn off with some delayed action.
- I used a ton of lambda expressions all over the place.